We are proud to announce that PlanMySite.com was awarded “Best in Class” from the Interactive Media Awards (IMA). Designed to “recognize the highest standards of excellence in website design and development,” being awarded the highest honor offered by the Interactive Media Council, Inc. (IMC) is quite an achievement – and, it wouldn’t have been possible without the great people that make up the PlanMySite.com team.
In order to be awarded with the “Best in Class” designation, our Website was judged on five different categories. These included:
- Design – the general appearance of the site, which involves making good use out of color, graphics, photographs and space coupled with an appealing layout that does not require an excessive amount of time to download.
- Content – content is well-written and presented in an appealing way that is relevant to the target audience.
- Feature Functionality – links, scripts, forms and code work smoothly individually and work well together. Games, tools, mini-apps and other “add-ons” are used in an appropriate and meaningful way that enhances the user experience.
- Usability – the overall flow of the Website, which includes making it easy for the user to find what he or she is looking for and virtually impossible to get “lost” on the Website.
- Standards Compliance – the bugs found within each of the major browsers have been addressed and standards have been adhered to, ensuring the site will be easier to maintain and to upgrade in the future.
In short, the site “must excel in each criterion, rise above your competitors’ sites and deserve to be a top choice for your target market.”
Considering the fact that we are a Web design and development company, having our site named “Best in Class” within the Web Design/Development business category is of particular importance to us. After all, Web design is what we do, so we believe our site should exemplify all that is involved in creating an attractive and user-friendly Website – and this award confirms that we are accomplishing that goal.
We couldn’t be happier about being recognized by the Interactive Media Council and its distinguished panel of judges. Just a few of those who bestowed this honor upon us include:
- Derek F. Martin – Director of Strategy & Analytics for American Express Company
- Shannan-Marie Brown – Web Content Manager for Digital Media Group CBS Radio
- Ajay Arora – CEO of eRSVP.com
- Masuma Walji – Usability Engineer for Microsoft Corporation
- Aylin Sweeney – Art Director for Comedy Central On-Air Creative
- Jocelyn Altman – Business Affairs from New Line Cinema
- Soung Hyun Lee – Senior Marketing Manager of Verizon Business
This is only a small sample of the dozens of professionals who judged the entrants. To learn more about the award, its judges and why you might want to enter your Website visit InteractiveMediaAwards.com.